English Grammar Pattern 78
"Should" + Verb
We (1) should (2) stop here to buy something to eat.
We can use English Grammar Pattern 78 to express a good idea that we have. All
we have to do is (1) use "should" and then (2) use a verb or verb phrase to make
the suggestion. Pretty easy, isn't it? Still, you have to practice! You can practice
by saying the sentences below.
Pronunciation Practice - Repeat each sentence out loud!
1. You should call her to see if she's okay.
Conversation Practice - Ask these questions to your friends!
2. He should arrive early if he wants to get a seat.
3. They should come tomorrow at 7 so they can meet the boss.
4. We should check the meat to see if it's done cooking.
5. You should check the weather forecast before going out today.
1. What should you do before going to bed? Why?
2. What should you do every morning after you wake up? Why?
3. Do you think we should give money to poor people? Why?
4. Do you believe all people should stop buying cars? Why or why not?
5. What should people do to become healthier?
Send this page to a friend: