1. What things are many people afraid of?
2. What are you most afraid of?
3. What were you afraid of as a child?
4. Which of the following things are you afraid of – insects, the dark, death,
being embarrassed, your boyfriend or girlfriend or husband or wife saying good-bye,
losing your job, getting sick, experiencing a disaster, or having your English teacher
get angry at you?
5. Many people are afraid of going to the dentist. Why?
1. What is the most frightening (scary) experience you have ever had?
2. Have you ever overcome a big fear? How did you do it? If you haven't, how might
someone overcome a big fear?
3. Surveys have shown that more people are afraid of speaking in public than they are
afraid of death. Do you believe that? Why or why not?
4. Horror movies try to scare people. Why do people enjoy such movies?
5. Are there any parts of the city where you live which you are afraid to visit after dark? Why?