English Grammar Pattern 71
(1) "Have been" + (2) Adjective + (3) Time
(1) I've been (2) worried about you (3)
for a long time.
English Grammar Pattern 71 is similar to
70 except that we use an adjective instead of "ing". This pattern expresses how long
a feeling or situation has been going on. Do NOT use this for feelings or situations that
may change suddenly.
Pronunciation Practice - Repeat each sentence out loud!
1. I've been sick for the past week.
Conversation Practice - Ask these questions to your friends!
2. We've been awake since 8 o'clock.
3. He's been busy all month.
4. They've been crazy about tennis for the past year.
5. She's been interested in science since she was six years old.
1. Have you been tired or sick recently?
2. Have you been busy with anything special recently?
3. What have you been interested in since you were a child?
4. Have you been awake a long time today?
5. Have you ever been crazy about some activity?
Send this page to a friend: