English Grammar Pattern 69
(1) "Have you ever" + (2) Long Verb
(1) Have you ever (2) dreamed you were flying in a space ship?
English Grammar Pattern 69 is good for learning more about your conversation
partner's experiences and memories. Reminder: You can use "ever" in a question, because
anything is possible.
However, in answers, do NOT use "ever". Simply answer "I have..." or "I haven't...". In
a negative situation, you can emphasize your answer by saying "I've never..." plus the
Pronunciation Practice - Repeat each sentence out loud!
1. Have you ever been in a serious accident?
Conversation Practice - Ask these questions to your friends!
2. Has she ever worked for a bank before?
3. Have they ever given a speech to 500 people?
4. Has your boss ever owned his own company?
5. Have they ever travelled around Europe?
1. Have you ever travelled around the world?
2. Have you ever given a speech in English?
3. Have you ever bought a new house?
4. Have your parents ever given you a special gift?
5. Have your teachers ever told you you are a great student?
Send this page to a friend: