English Grammar Pattern 65
Using "Hope" with real possibilities
We hope we can come here again next week.
This sentence pattern uses
real possibilities and is different from
66 which uses "Wish" with unrealistic possibilities. Use this pattern with "Hope"
when you believe something will really happen or can realistically happen.
Pronunciation Practice - Repeat each sentence out loud!
1. I hope I will get the job!
Conversation Practice - Ask these questions to your friends!
2. My sister hopes she can go to England.
3. I hope the weather will be nicer tomorrow.
4. Our company hopes it can make a lot of money this year!
5. I hope we don't have a test in English class tomorrow.
1. What do you hope to do tomorrow?
2. Do you hope to go anywhere on the weekend?
3. When do you hope to move to a different home?
4. Do you hope to do anything special this year?
5. What do you hope to change in your life?
Send this page to a friend: