English Grammar Pattern 62
"I heard (that)..." + Sentence
I heard that the Earth will come to an end in 2020.
We have a choice of form here. We can say "I heard that..." or just "I heard...". Sometimes,
we can add have, as in "I've heard that..." or "I've heard..." Each of these sentences have
the same meaning. It's easiest to just practice the model sentence above and the
Pronunciation Practice sentences below, and use that form most of the time. Good luck!
Pronunciation Practice - Repeat each sentence out loud!
1. I heard (that) there's going to be a big sale this weekend.
Conversation Practice - Ask these questions to your friends!
2. I heard (that) the zoo will get a new baby panda next week.
3. My sister heard (that) her company will go out of business soon.
4. The newspaper reporter heard (that) the president will resign tomorrow.
5. We heard (that) tomorrow's weather will be sunny and warm.
1. Have you heard what tomorrow's weather will be like?
2. Have you heard about any good movies recently?
3. Have you heard any interesting news at work?
4. Have you heard any news about famous singers or actors?
5. Have you heard any interesting stories lately?
Send this page to a friend: