English Grammar Pattern 40
Comparing Three or More Things in English
That book is the most interesting book in our house
When we describe three or more things using English grammar, we not use "er"
or "more". Instead, we use "the" with "-est" or "the most". It's a small change
Sentence Pattern 38 and
Sentence Pattern 39 so you should master this pattern easily!
Pronunciation Practice - Repeat each sentence out loud!
1. That TV program is the most interesting, don't you agree?
2. This TV program is the funniest, don't you think so?
3. Our teacher is the most boring teacher in ther world, isn't he?
4. This is the tallest building in the city, right?
5. She is the worst English speaker I know!
Conversation Practice - Ask these questions to your friends!
1. Who is the best English speaker you know?
2. Who is the worst English speaker you know?
3. What is the funniest TV show you have ever seen?
4. What do you think is the most interesting city in the world?
5. Which is the longest river in the world?
Send this page to a friend: