1. How many times do you laugh in an ordinary day?
2. Do you usually laugh quietly or do you laugh out loud?
3. What kind of things make you laugh? People arguing loudly? Someone slipping
on a banana peel and falling? Plays on words (also called 'puns')? Cartoons? Funny movies?
4. Have you or anyone you know ever laughed out of control at something quite serious?
5. What kind of jokes do people in your country often laugh at?
1. There's a saying in English that "laughter is the best medicine". Do you agree or disagree?
2. In English we say that people ‘roar’ or ‘howl' with laughter, or ‘burst into’ or ‘break into’
laughter. What are the differences between these?
3. What do you think might be the deeper purpose of laughter? Explain.