English Conversation Topic 57
Talking about honesty in English
Nobody likes to be lied to, so honesty is always best, right? Let's discuss the
topic of honesty in English. Use the questions below to start your conversation.
1. Have you ever lied before?
2. Would you ever tell a "white lie"? (A lie told to make someone feel better.)
3. In your opinion, why is honesty important?
4. When have you been lied to? How did you feel then?
5. Is there anyone you know who is completely honest all of the time?
Now try to have longer conversations about honesty using the open-ended questions below.
If you do not have a conversation partner, think of your own answers in English, using
1. Is there any way we can know for sure when somebody is lying to us?
2. If honesty is so important, why is it sometimes difficult to be honest?
3. When is it all right to just tell a "half truth"?
4. Do you think a good worker should be fired if it is discovered he lied during
his job interview? Why or why not?
Do you like this page?
Click to tell a friend!