English Conversation Topic 18
Talking about cities in English
Talk with your partner about cities and living in cities, using the questions below.
If you don't have a conversation partner, try to come up with your own answers
using complete English sentences.
1. How big is your hometown? Would you call it a city, a town, or a village?
2. What are some cities you have visited?
3. What is the biggest city in your country?
4. Why do some people like to live in big cities?
5. Why do some people hate living in big cities?
6. In your opinion, what are some of the best cities in the world to live in?
Use the English questions below to have longer conversations about cities and city life.
1. What are the two most important cities in your country? How are they different
from each other?
2. If you had to move to another city in the world, which city would you choose?
3. Describe the best part of your city (or a city you have visited). Why do you like that
4. How can we make cities better places to live?
5. Which would you rather live in, an old, historical city or a modern, convenient city?
Do you like this page?
Click to tell a friend!