English Conversation Topic 6
Talking about annoyances
(things that bother us or annoy us)
In today's world there are so many things that might annoy us. There's so much traffic,
so many people in our cities, so much noise all around us. In addition, we are busy with
our work and with our families. Have a discussion in English
using the questions below as a starting point. If you are studying by yourself, think
about how you would answer these questions, using full sentences as much as possible.
1. What are some things that can annoy you?
2. Are you annoyed more by noisy things or by inconvenient things?
3. Do people who are impolite bother you?
4. Does it annoy you when shop assistants try to sell you something that you don't need?
5. How do you feel when someone cuts in front of you in a line (a queue)?
6. Are you annoyed when someone interrupts you while you are speaking?
Here are more challenging questions on the topic of annoyances. Ask these questions
to your friends and be ready to continue the conversation by asking
follow up questions.
1. Do you think we are so busy in today's world that small things annoy us more than in the past?
2. What can we do to deal with so many annoyances in today's world?
3. What is the most annoying thing you have to deal with at work? What can you do about it?
4. What annoys you most about learning English? Is it verb tenses, or articles, or something else?
5. Do you know anyone who is annoyed quite often? What advice could you give such a person?
Do you like this page?
Click to tell a friend!