- slice some bread
- spread butter on both slices
- spread the butter to all corners of the bread
(Teacher Joe doesn't like dry bread!)
- put a piece of meat on one slice of bread
- put lettuce, tomatoes and cheese on top of the meat
- place the second slice of bread on top
and close the sandwich
- cut the sandwich in half
(Teacher Joe prefers to cut diagonally - it's more artistic!)
- take a bite - Mmmmmm!
- choose a good mountain
Remember, it's easy to do this with any process or activity. Whatever you want to teach, turn it into a TPR lesson and see how students both enjoy AND remember!
(one that is not too difficult to climb!)
- go to the base of the mountain
- wait for all of your friends to arrive
(look at your watch)
- start to hike, very energetically
- take a short rest
- have a sip of water
(or have a drink of water)
- start hiking again, a little less energetically
- take another rest, eat a sandwich
- start hiking again, feeling tired
- stumble the last few steps
- arrive at the top and jump for joy! Yippee!
- fall down the hill and roll all the way back to the bottom - Oh NO!!