Lesson 12: Learn English from this love song
Students of English can learn a lot of beautiful expressions from "I don't want to miss a thing", which was the theme song from
the movie "Armageddon", starring Bruce Willis and Ben Affleck.
Here are some good English expressions to learn:
* sweet surrender basically means the same as "fall in love.
* treasure, as a verb, means to want and love very much.
* I'd miss you uses the verb "would" which goes with "if". (If I fall asleep, I would miss you, so I will
try to not fall asleep!)
* would never do means it would never be good enough.
* for all the rest of time simply means forever.
The basic message of the song is, "I love you so much that I want to be with you every moment. I don't even want to sleep, because
I would miss part of your life."