A (1) slow-witted man (2)applied for the job of (3) deputy sheriff in a small town.
During the interview, the sherrif
asked him, "What is one plus one?".
The man answered (4) confidently, "Eleven".
This wasn't the answer the sheriff (5) expected, but he had to admit the boy was right. Next he asked, "What two days
of the week start with the letter T?".
"Today and tomorrow", the man said (6) promptly.
The sheriff was (7) impressed with the way this man (8) thought outside the box,
so he (9) challenged him. "Who killed
Abraham Lincoln?", he asked.
The man looked (10) bewildered and admitted, "I don't know".
(11) Satisfied that he had (12) stumped the man, he (13) instructed him, "Well,
go home and work on that one for a while".
The man went home and told his mother, "The interview went great! First day on the job and I'm
already working on (14) a murder case!".
(1) not very intelligent
(2) tried to get
(3) an assitant to the police
(4) he believe in himself
(5) hoped for
(6) very quickly
(7) had a good opinion
(8) thought creatively, thought differently
(9) gave him a difficult question
(10) surprised and confused
(11) felt good
(12) gave him a question he could not answer
(13) told him what to do
(14) someone killed another person